Monday, August 18, 2008

Here comes Fay

I saved my next blog entry for first day pictures.  I knew the uniform that Darius has to wear would be great pics to post. Not to mention, him wearing his so fly, Gap, army fatigue, backpack, with the lunch bag to match...so cute!  So Sunday came, and I packed the boys school supplies up, clothes were ironed, and they were tucked in bed.  While watching the Olympics with one eye open and the other one closed.  I saw "Broward county schools cancelled Monday" floating across the screen.  Well great!  If it wasn't for the Olympics I would of missed that announcement! I really didn't know if I saw it correct anyway because I was so tired.  So I had to sit up and focus and I kept reading and it contiued to give emergency numbers for the schools. Then it said due to a tropical storm Fay.  Ok so what am I going to tell Darius when he wakes up???  Sometimes it can be hard cause he still has a language delay so you have to be creative.  Darius woke up asking could he go to school and all I could say was, "it is raining too hard son you have to stay at home. "  He said "ok" with a long face. I know he doesn't like it when it rains hard so that was easier than I thought!  He went to orientation and everything! I felt bad for him because he really likes to go to school and learn.  He is a really smart boy.   
So for now we are doing the wait and see if things get bad.  The Dolphins let David come home for a night but he has to be back on the block around 6 so I guess that helps.   

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I forgot you were in Florida:) I'm glad he likes school...then again at that age they love it...I can't imagine going back to the beginning. Well you all stay dry and safe!
Cant wait to see pics of first day. How exciting!

Maureen said...

oh that's so cute that he still wanted to go but hard to have to tell him no. :(
hope the hurricane passes by without too much trouble!