Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Count down yall

5 days and counting...
No pics to post this time.  I am busy preparing the boys for their first day of school!  I have 4 different orientations to attend this week 2 for each child! Why the heck do they have these?  I absolutely hate meetings!  That's another blog (I just had a vision of being in a track meeting in college) horrifying! Anyway Darius will be going to Kindergarten and Devyn will begin attending a wonderful program that Nova Southeastern University oversees on Monday.  I'm really excited probably more than they would be if they realized where they were going!  On the to do list, I have to buy school supplies.  Thats fun to me only that the list is becoming longer and longer. I have two long lists of things that they have to take with them on the first day. It is so funny how the list has changed over the years.  Some of the items they ask for now like ziploc bags, headphones, wipes with the refills, oh and photo copy paper???  I'm thinking paper is a given in a school.  I realize that times have changed dramatically but how much?  I'm not mad at them as long as they take them off my hands! I will buy a chair or a desk for a little freedom.  Sounds bad I guess but every mommy needs a break sometimes. 

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Ha ha...your so funny. I can't believe he is starting school. Yes, next thing you know they will be telling you to buy them lap tops....I hope this gives you a break...Have fun!

Maureen said...

Oh Kameish you are so funny! I also cannot believe Darius is starting kindergarten, it seems like he was just toddling around the training room after practice!
YEah these days it makes you wonder why you even pay tuition when you have to buy all their stuff anyways!

Maureen said...

p.s. we had the baby yesterday and she is doing great--check the blog for pics!

Christy said...

You had me laughing with your comment about the track meetings we had in college... you never did have much patience for those!!! :) Can't believe the kids are so grown, where has the time gone?

Lindsay said...

Good luck with school! Are they going to school in Miami?

Kameisha said...

well not actually Miami we live in Broward County thats Fort Lauderdale, Davie, Pembroke Pines, Weston areas. However Darius' school is closest to Miami but Devyn will be going to a school that Nova Southeastern University runs. It is like the child lab in Tennessee but 10xs nicer.