Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I've seen it all...I've done it all to the fullest

My "Trials" Experience
Well first things first it seems like I made the team in this picture but as soon as I saw the time I knew I wasn't olympic bound.  I was a little upset at first but I can only mention a few things worst that I have experienced in my life than not making the team. You know them telling you your time won't make the cut.  Also Hazel is the only person this year in the U.S. to hit the A standard so she should be the only one really going right?  Maybe I'm upset but others had the opportunity to run an A last year when I was 25lbs over weight and still recovering from having Devyn.  I didn't have the opportunity to run an A standard to carry over to the next year, which sucks!  Is that fair tell me if I am selfish please.   But really I'm not that upset and like I said I have had a really terrible last 2 years so I can't complain.  This is a great accomplishment despite not being able to go.  Miracles happen everyday....
This Olympic trials was definitely a trial for me!  I can say I understand now why I use to run in the back and sprint like hell at the end.  When I run close to people I seem to fall especially when the pace is modest.  I fell once again but the Lord had another plan.  In my semifinal heat I got out but I wanted Schmidt to lead. So I kinda waited for her and I gave some other bone heads space.  This young lady must I say, tried to fit in on the inside and started to elbow me knowing she didn't have enough space to fit!  I started to fight back but the "fool" just wasn't letting up which started a domino effect of runners falling to the ground.  The girl in front of me went first, I was second, LSU girl was third, and Teeter hurdled almost becoming the fifth.  I just knew things were over for me.  Like I said God had another plan.  With much diligence I was able to get into final with my swollen knee and all my bruises.
Lessons learned.
1. Just get out and run when bone head is in your race...(she fights everyone)
2. Never underestimate the power of God
3. Should I say I made the team???(not a lesson I know)
4. Do not have anymore children until you are done with running!!!!(lol)
5. Stay positive and great things always happen

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

Awww Meish, I am so proud of the way you ran last night! It's gotta be tough to have to get top 3 AND hit the A standard in the same race. I can't even imagine. Good to see you out there - keep working hard!

Lil' Bit :)

Maureen said...

Hey I thought you ran great last night and was really impressed you came back from falling to still gut it out for top 3!! I just wish you had the A Standard!
Great job Kameisha!!
:)

The Diddles said...

You had a great race last night! Wow! That was crazy! Sorry things didn't work out for the team! It was great to see you run again! Hang in there- you are really tough!:)

Sharon said...

So proud of you Kameisha!!!! I know how hard this year was and all you have done to get to the trials...your story is impressive. You still came to the trials and kicked ass. God has blessed you and will continue too. Most important when you get home you have two bundles of joy...that made me happy when I came home. Congrats girl....just remember God has a reason for everything...ok enough said...had fun with you:):):)

Gates Blog said...

Hi Kameisha,
We are all so proud of you....you are such a talented and strong runner. We cheered you on every step of the way. Your story is amazing as are you. You should be very proud of your accomplishments especially your adorable boys. They are blessed to have you as their mother. God Bless.
Hope to see you soon. :) Amber

Lindsay said...

Hi Kameisha-

I was cheering so hard for you! :) You ran such an awesome race. So proud of you and what an accomplishment after having 2 boys. I don't know how you do it. Really - you are amazing. I like your lessons learned... definitely something to carry over in to next year and beyond. Glad to hear you are positive and happy with your performance. And I have to agree - what stupid rules they had this year regarding the standards.